Caring for the Heart Ministries
1. That the Scriptures, both Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired Word of God, without error in the original writings, the complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men, and the Divine and final authority for all Christian faith and life.
2. That there is one God, Creator of all things, infinitely perfect and eternally subsisting in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
3. That Jesus Christ is true God and true man, having been conceived of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary. He died on the cross a sacrifice for our sins according to the Scriptures. Further, He arose bodily from the dead, ascended into Heaven, where at the right hand of the Majesty on High, He now is our High Priest and Advocate.
4. That the ministry of the Holy Spirit is to glorify the Lord Jesus Christ, and during this age to convict the world of sin, righteousness, and judgment, to regenerate, place into the Body of Christ (baptize), seal, indwell, and gift the believing sinner, and to guide, instruct, illuminate, and empower the believer for godly living and service.
5. That man was created in the image of God but fell into sin and is therefore lost and only through regeneration by the Holy Spirit can salvation and spiritual life be obtained.
6. That the shed blood of Jesus Christ, who arose from the dead, provides the only ground for justification and salvation for all who believe, and such as receive Jesus Christ are born of the Holy Spirit, and thus become children of God.
7. That water baptism and the Lord's Supper are ordinances to be observed by the church during the present age. They are, however, not to be regarded as means of salvation.
8. That the true Church, which began on the day of Pentecost, is composed of all such persons who through saving faith in Jesus Christ have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit and are united together in the body of Christ of which HE is the head.
9. That Satan is a personal being whom God created as the highest and sinless angel, who through pride fell into sin, becoming completely depraved in character. He is the originator of sin. Satan, the enemy of all believers, was judged at the cross and will ultimately be cast into the Lake of Fire forever and ever.
10. That the coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is personal, imminent, and pre-millennial and that this "Blessed Hope" has a vital bearing on the personal life and service of the believer.
11. That God will bodily resurrect the dead: each believer to everlasting blessedness and joy with the Lord and each unbeliever to judgment and everlasting conscious punishment in the lake of fire.
12. That at death, the soul and spirit of each believer immediately enters the presence of the Lord Jesus Christ in heaven.